Arkansas Delta Informer Staff – Aug. 4, 2022 – The Arkansas Department of Transportation (ARDOT) will conduct several public meetings across the state to seek input on an update to the federally required Statewide Public Transit Coordination Plan. Public transit coordination provides an opportunity to identify mobility needs in Arkansas and develop a consensus on how to meet those needs. The updated Transit Coordination Plan will allow ARDOT and its transit partners to strengthen their resource management capabilities further.
The public may view plan materials and provide written comments through an online survey until 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, August 31, 2022.
Members of ArDOT’s Transportation Planning and Policy Division will host the following meetings:
- Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Texarkana, 2 p.m., ATCOG – Ark-Tex Council of Governments, 4808 Elizabeth St, Texarkana, Texas.
- Thursday, August 11, 2022
Batesville, 9:30 a.m., White River A.A.A., 541 Barnett Dr.
- Jonesboro 2 p.m., Council Chambers at the Jonesboro Municipal Center, 300 S. Church St.
- Friday, August 12, 2022
Hot Springs, 9:30 a.m.
HSIT – The Transportation Depot, 100 Broadway Terr., Hot Springs, AR
- Pine Bluff, 2 p.m., Pine Bluff Transit, 2300 E Harding Ave.
- Monday, August 15, 2022
Springdale, 2 p.m., Northwest Arkansas Regional Planning Commission, 1311 Clayton St.
- Tuesday, August 16, 2022
Fort Smith and Alma, 9:30 a.m., Fort Smith Transit, 6821 Jenny Lind Rd.
- Little Rock and North Little Rock, 2 p.m., Rock Region METRO Administration Building, 901 Maple St., North Little Rock.